what If NT Scan Is Missed

Nuchal Translucency detects any chromosomal abnormality in the baby. It is compulsory for pregnant women above 35 years of age.

Can the NT scan be skipped?

A nuchal Translucency scan gives much other information like fetal heart rate, crown-rump length, and the appearance of the nasal bone, including NT(Nuchal fold thickness). It is not advisory to skip the test.

How late can you do the NT scan?

How late can you do the NT scan?

NT scan is usually done at 11-14 weeks of gestation. NT increases with the period of gestation. The earliest will be by 11 weeks. The last advisory due for NT will be 13 weeks and 6 days.

How accurate is an NT scan?

How accurate is an NT scan?

NT scan has an accuracy of about 70% however it also has some false positives. Also, it isn’t a diagnostic tool because it provides us with the intensity of risk. It also leaves 30% of the babies unnoticed. NT scan and double marker test on a combination yield greater accuracy for any chromosomal abnormality.

5/5 - (1 vote)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This field is required.

This field is required.